- Don’t kiss a person when greeting them if you don’t know them well. In Lithuania, it is more common to shake hands first.
- Always bring an odd number of flowers to your date. Even numbers of flowers are only suitable for funerals.
- If you were well served, leave tips. It is common practice to give at least 10% of the total amount.
- Don’t get into a waiting taxi. If you call one on your phone or use an online app, it will take you to your destination for a lower price.
- The law prohibits the consumption of alcohol in parks, squares and other public places, as well as smoking in cafes, restaurants, halls and public transport, except in designated smoking areas, and littering from car windows or in public places.
You can find more information about living, studying and working in Lithuania here: https://www.renkuosilietuva.lt/en/General-information-about-lithuania/